Don’t skimp on bass guitar cables! You can have a great bass guitar and amp, but none of that matters if the signal between your amp and bass is compromised because of a lousy cable. Don’t get us wrong. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to buy a decent cable. Cables costs run the gamut, but for a fair price you can buy one that will do a great job of providing the sound, durability, and functionality that you need. Below are five of our recommended best bass guitar cables. We chose them based on the following criteria:
Quality – All are quality cables manufactured with components that provide a great sound. They are built to eliminate unwanted noise. All have high customer ratings, reviews, and are recommended for purchase. All are produced by reputable companies that provide legitimate warranties.
Made for Bass – When purchasing a cable, make sure you buy one made specifically for electric bass and/or guitar use. Some cables are designed more for use with acoustic or digital instruments/equipment. These cables can limit true electric signals emanating from your pickups – particularly your low end bass tones. All of the cables we recommend are designed for use with a bass guitar.
Length – Our recommendations below are all for cables that are 10 feet in length – which is a good length for all-purpose use. When performing live, it’s important to have enough length to provide for movement across the stage and playing area. They’re also not too long, which limits any slack that can cause clutter, trips, and take up needed space – while practicing at home or rehearsing live/playing gigs. You’ll be fine with cables that are longer or shorter, but ten feet should be good in just about any situation.
Durability – All are built to withstand the bumps and bruises (and tugs) of traveling and rehearsing live or playing gigs. They are also built to last. Cables can, and do, break down. The last thing you want is to show up to gigs or practice with a cable that loses signal, pops, or creates static. With proper care, all of these cables will last a long time.
Affiliate Disclosure: Bass Player Center is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cost – All cables listed are top quality and affordably priced – from $15 to $50
Fender Performance Series 10 ft. Bass Cable
- Fender quality in an affordably priced cable
- Rugged and durable cable with a thick 8mm diameter
- Designed to alleviate unwanted kinking
- PVC cover encases the connector and provides additional reinforcement
- Custom designed 1/4″ commercial-grade plugs
- Spiral copper shield ensures true natural reproduction with no noise
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
GLS Audio 10 ft. Bass Guitar Cable
- GLS prides itself on providing affordably priced cables that are designed with quality sound in mind
- Popular, top-selling cable
- Flexible tweed jacket eliminates stiffness
- Super durable & flexible
- OFC Insulator Shield & Conductive PVC Shielded
- Triple strain relief system allows for many years of trouble free usage
Amboz Red Dragon 10 ft. Bass Cable
- Swiss made high quality braided tweed red-black jacket
- Textile structure and PE insulation allows for tangle free movement
- Oxygen-free copper design provides high level of conductivity
- Low noise cable designed to cut interference from from wireless devices
- Amboz Lifetime Guarantee
Mogami Gold 10 ft. Bass Guitar Cable
- The top choice for wiring professional recording studios
- Provides crystal-clear tone and a drop-dead silent background
- Designed with a carbon PVC anti-static shield layer to prevent all handling noise
- High definition sound ideal for use with bass guitar
- Mogami Lifetime “No Excuses” Warranty
Spectraflex Original Series Braided 10 ft. Bass Cable
- Spectraflex prides itself on being the first to offer a braided cable
- Designed to resist ripping or tearing
- Internal components are designed for extended frequency response and ultra-quiet performance
- 100% Copper and Conductive Polymer Shield Coverage
- Rugged, High Performance Connectors
- Made in the USA with a Lifetime Warranty
Thanks for checking out our “Recommended Best Bass Guitar Cables”. Check out some of our other recommendations for the best bass guitar gear on our Gear & Equipment Main Page:
BTW - If you are interested in taking online bass lessons we also highly recommend JamPlay Bass Lessons. Bass Player Center provided a review of their site and services - click here to check it out! Or to visit the JamPlay Bass Lessons main page click here.
- Recommended Bass Guitars for Beginners
- Best Affordable Combo Bass Amps
- The Best Tuners for Bass Guitar
Want to Pin this Site? Use the image below…